Advertising

Firefighters called to water leak at Newport property

By Deborah Hardiman | Morda | News | Published:

Leaking water through the ceiling of a Newport property resulted in the electrics being affected.

Firefighters were called to the premises in Butter Cross Court, Stafford Street, this morning.

The Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service website stated: "This incident involved a small amount of water coming through a first floor ceiling. No action by crews and incident left with the manager."

A crew from the town attended the site shortly after 7.05am.

Ventilate

Other incidents attended by the service included a smoke logged kitchen caused by food left unattended at a property in Weston Close, Morda near Oswestry on Friday night.

Crews from the town and from Oswestry and Ellesmere opened the windows to ventilate the premises when they were called there shortly before 11pm.

West Mercia Police also went to the scene.

Deborah Hardiman

By Deborah Hardiman
@Deborahh_Star

Senior reporter for the Shropshire Star based out of the head office in Ketley. Covering the Telford area.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News