Shropshire Star

Fire crew scrambled to bungalow bedroom blaze in Oswestry

Emergency services were scrambled to a fire in the bedroom of a bungalow near Oswestry.

Last updated

Watch more of our videos on Shots!
and live on Freeview channel 276

Two fire appliances were mobilised from Ellesmere and Oswestry to Porth-Y-Waen at 2.31pm on Tuesday,.

When they arrived they found that there was a fire in a bedroom of a bungalow.

Crews donned breathing kit and thermal cameras and used a covering jet and a hosereel jet to deal with the incident.

They also used positive pressure ventilation kit to clear the smoke before sending their stop message at 4.01pm.

A spokesperson for West Midlands Ambulance Service said: "We were called to reports of a house fire at Hill Dene in Porth Y Waen, Oswestry at 3pm.

"An ambulance was sent to the scene where, on arrival, crews discovered a man.

"He was treated for possible smoke inhalation but did not wish to go to hospital and so was given self-care advice and discharged at the scene."

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.