Bird's nest in tractor engine sparks fire

A fire in a tractor's engine was caused by a bird's nest in the compartment.

Firefighters were called out to Grimpo, a hamlet near Oswestr,y at about 4.45pm on Wednesday to reports of a tractor that had caught fire.

Two fire engines were sent from Oswestry, but the fire was out by the time the crews arrived.

They used a hose reel jet to damp down the area and thermal imaging cameras to check for remaining hotspots.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News