Advertising

Hot ashes set fire to bin and hedge at Oswestry address

By Rory Smith | Oswestry | News | Published:

Firefighters were called to Oswestry in the middle of the night after hot ashes put into a bin set fire to a hedge.

Fire crews from Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service were sent to Babbinswood in Oswestry just after 11.30pm yesterday.

Two fire engines were sent from Oswestry Fire Station after hot ashes that were put into a wheelie bin set fire to a nearby conifer hedge.

The fire service reported: "Call to report of a house on fire. Incident was found to be a fire involving a wheelie bin and a conifer hedge approximately 10m x 2m.

"The fire had been caused by hot ashes being put into wheelie bin."

Fire crews extinguished the fire and left the property by midnight.

Rory Smith

By Rory Smith
Reporter - @rorysmith_star

Senior reporter based at the Shropshire Star's head office in Ketley, Telford.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News