Hot ashes set fire to bin and hedge at Oswestry address

By Rory Smith | Oswestry | News | Published:

Firefighters were called to Oswestry in the middle of the night after hot ashes put into a bin set fire to a hedge.

Fire crews from Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service were sent to Babbinswood in Oswestry just after 11.30pm yesterday.

Two fire engines were sent from Oswestry Fire Station after hot ashes that were put into a wheelie bin set fire to a nearby conifer hedge.

The fire service reported: "Call to report of a house on fire. Incident was found to be a fire involving a wheelie bin and a conifer hedge approximately 10m x 2m.

"The fire had been caused by hot ashes being put into wheelie bin."

Fire crews extinguished the fire and left the property by midnight.

Rory Smith

By Rory Smith
Reporter - @rorysmith_star

Senior reporter based at the Shropshire Star's head office in Ketley, Telford.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.


Top stories


More from Shropshire Star


UK & International News