Advertising

Inquest into death of man who died in caravan fire

By Jordan Reynolds | Oswestry | News | Published:

An inquest has been held into the death of a man who died in a caravan fire.

Babbinswood Farm. Photo: Google StreetView

Dean John Lee died in a blaze at Babbinswood Farm, Whittington, on Christmas Eve.

The cause of the 43-year-old's death was smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning due to the fire, the inquest heard yesterday.

John Ellery, coroner for Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, said the cause of the fire was an inappropriately fitted wood burner in the living area which ignited combustible materials.

The inquest heard that the caravan was bought for £75.

Mr Ellery recorded a conclusion of accidental death.

Jordan Reynolds

By Jordan Reynolds
Reporter - @jreynolds_star

Reporter for the Shropshire Star covering Shrewsbury and the surrounding areas.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News