Advertising

One person suffers smoke inhalation in Oswestry house fire

By Sue Austin | Oswestry | News | Published:

One person was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in a house in Oswestry today.

The blaze broke out in the bedroom of a home in Caer Road in the north of the town just before midday.

Calls to the emergency services reported people inside the house but when fire crews arrived they said all people had been accounted for.

One person was treated by paramedics for minor smoke inhalation.

Fire crews at the scene

Firefighters from the town and from Ellesmere were quickly on the scene and brought the fire under control in under 20 minutes. They went into the smoke-filled house wearing breathing apparatus to deal with the fire and ventilate the property.

Caer Road was still closed off at 1pm as crews were still at the scene making it safe.

Fire investigation officers were also at the scene.

Sue Austin

By Sue Austin
Chief Reporter

Chief reporter of the Oswestry/Mid Wales office. Keen to hear your news.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News