Shropshire Star

Firefighters called after unattended cooking causes kitchen fire in flat

Firefighters brought a kitchen fire under control at a flat in Whitchurch this evening.

Last updated

The alarm was raised by the occupiers of the property in Earl Edwin Mews at 5.22pm on Wednesday.

Fire crews from Whitchurch, Wem and Ellesmere responded to the 999 call and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the house to extinguish the flames.

A spokesperson for the Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was under control at 5.47pm.

The fire was caused by unattended cooking.