Crews from Wem, Whitchurch and Prees were called to the scene at Neufchatel Court in the early hours of Saturday morning.
They were called at around 4.55am and three fire appliances went out.
The fire was a small blaze in the ground floor fireplace in the house's living room.
Two people were rescued from the property by fire crews using two breathing apparatus and one short extension ladder.
Wem Fire Station tweeted: "Mobilised at 04:57 by @SFRS_Control to a House Fire Persons Reported in Whitchurch along with @SFRS_Whitchurch @PreesFire_SFRS @SFRS_CWhite.
"Small fire in living room. 2 persons rescued from property by fire service."