Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service received a report about a fire at a home in Market Drayton at around 10.26am on Tuesday.
One crew from Market Drayton station rushed to the scene on Goosefields Close.
Fortunately, the fire was out of arrival of the crews, who used a hose reel jet to damp down the area and cool hotspots.
According to the fire service, the occupier had been burning some garden waste in a fire pit, which had gotten out of control and spread to the fence, hedge and two wheelie bins.
A spokesperson from the service said: "We would like to remind people that if you are having a controlled burn of any kind, make sure it is sited in a safe location where it can’t spread, have firefighting media available and notify Fire Control on 01743 260290."