Advertising

Mother and son escape serious injury as charred chicken nuggets cause kitchen fire

By Nick Humphreys | Market Drayton | News | Published:

A mother and son had to be treated for smoke inhalation in after a fire started when chicken nuggets were left in the oven.

Firefighters found these burnt nuggets after the oven was left on. Photo: @SFRS_MDrayton

The small kitchen blaze happened as the family slept in their market Market Drayton home where the smoke alarms weren't working.

Firefighters were called to Longslow Road when they woke at 8.37am on Saturday.

The fire was out when they arrived and crews worked to ventilate the property while the mother and son were checked over by paramedics.

A photo shared by firefighters revealed the blackened state of the overcooked nuggets.

Shropshire Fire Service said: "Two people suffering slight effects of smoke were treated on scene by ambulance personnel."

Market Drayton Fire tweeted: "Fire found to of involved chicken nuggets left in oven during night while family slept. Sadly smoke alarms not working. Mother and young son checked by paramedics."

Nick Humphreys

By Nick Humphreys
Senior Reporter

Senior reporter for the Shropshire Star focusing on Bridgnorth.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News