Advertising

Unwatched cooking fills Market Drayton flat with smoke

By Rob Smith | Market Drayton | News | Published:

A flat was filled with smoke after the resident left cooking unattended.

Firefighters were called to a flat in Normanbrook Court, Market Drayton, soon after 3pm on Thursday.

Market Drayton's firefighting team said in a statement: "The rescue pumps from Market Drayton and Hodnet retained fire station, along with an operations officer from headquarters, were all mobilised by fire control to a report of a house fire in Market Drayton.

"On arrival at the scene it was quickly established by the incident commander, that a flat was smoke-logged due to unattended cooking.

"The crew quickly isolated the cooker and cleared the flat of smoke by using a positive pressure fan.

"We are pleased to report that there were no injuries at this incident. Both crews were soon available to attend further incidents if required."

Rob Smith

By Rob Smith
Reporter

Senior reporter for the Shropshire Star based at Ketley in Telford.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News