Sarah Jane Clara Davenport was found after falling into the water at her home in Claverley, near Bridgnorth.
The 69-year-old, originally from Rowley Regis in Sandwell, had taken her dogs into the garden after a visit from the cleaner on December 16 last year.
Mrs Davenport's inquest at Shirehall heard that her husband, who was working nearby, was alerted that something was wrong when the dogs ran over to him with wet leads.
He went to the garden and discovered his wife in the pond, and phoned the ambulance service. She was declared dead shortly after they arrived.
A toxicology showed that she had 132mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood.
Her inquest also heard that she had a recent history of falling.
John Ellery, senior coroner for Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, read a section of a pathologists report twice to make it clear that her death may have been caused by hyperthermia or cold water shock - not necessarily drowning.
He recorded a conclusion of accidental death.