Shropshire Council said chicken products contaminated with salmonella, which have been the subject of a warning from the Food Standards Agency (FSA), had been found in Shropshire.
The council did not say which store the products had been discovered at but said the batch was immediately removed from sale.
The products are SFC Chicken Poppets and Take Home Boneless Buckets. The company is recalling some of the products.
A spokesman for the council said: "Do not eat if you have one of the affected products. Instead, you should return them to the shop where you bought them for a full refund. Alternatively, you can email a photo of the packaging (clearly showing the batch code) to email@example.com."
Vestey Foods has also recalled one of its products after finding salmonella.
The Chick Inn 32 Jumbo Chicken Nuggets were sold at Heron Foods, B&M, and B&M Express.
In addition to the alerts issued to retailers by the manufacturers, the council said it is contacting high risk businesses which may be affected, and is asking businesses to check for any potentially affected batches of the products.
Anyone who has any concerns, business or consumer, can contact the council by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0345 678 9067.
More information on the Vesty alert is available at food.gov.uk/news-alerts/alert/fsa-prin-09-2021