Jury set to consider verdicts over Shropshire man accused of 18 sex attacks

A jury is preparing to make its decisions in the trial of a care worker from Shropshire accused of 18 different sexual attacks against seven women.

Richard Forsyth, 32, denies offences of rape, attempted rape, assault by penetration and sexual assault.

Seven women have made accusations against Forsyth, all of which allegedly took place between February and June last year.

The complainants have been giving evidence to the trial at Shrewsbury Crown Court, and they described Forsyth's alleged attacks on them which took place in cars and private residences, and in a sandwich shop on one occasion.

Forsyth, of Brookfield Close in Weston Rhyn, was questioned by the solicitors and accepted that he engaged in "flirty banter" with many of the women, but denies any wrongdoing.

The defence representative Mr Paul Smith was summing up the case to the jury on Friday, and said there were vagaries and inconsistencies in some of the women's testimony.

He has previously said the complaints against Forsyth were part of a "witch hunt".

Forsyth denies all the charges and the trial will resume on Monday.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News