Men jailed for role in Telford drugs case

By Jonny Drury | Dawley | Crime | Published:

Two men have been jailed for their part in supplying crack cocaine and heroin in Telford.

Three men, Jaydeep Neta, 19, Jeffrey Bailey, 51, and Michael Wragg, 39, had previously pleaded guilty to a range of charges.

Bailey, of Powis Place, Dawley Bank, Telford, admitted letting his home be used in the supply of drugs, and was made subject to an 18-month community order.

Wragg, of Newdale, Telford, admitted being concerned in the supply of class A drugs and received two years in prison.

Neta, of Wellington Gardens, London, admitted counts of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs in 2015 and 2017 and having a bladed article and was jailed for four years.

Judge Anthony Lowe told Wragg he couldn’t suspended sentence as he would be ‘suspended the days until he was jailed’.

And he told Neta he had the chance to build his future when he gets out, and ‘make sure this is the last time you get involved with drugs’.

Miss Laura Culley, prosecuting, told Shrewsbury Crown Court that on June 9, 2015, police saw suspicious activity in the form of a drug deal in Dawley Bank outside a flat that was due to knocked down.

It was there that they arrested Wragg who was doing the drug deal, and in the property they found Bailey and Neta.


In the flat 87 wraps of heroin and 36 wraps of cocaine were found, along with a knife in Neta’s jacket.

He told police: “I am not going to lie, there is brown and white in there.”

He was also found with £824 cash but said just £35 of it was for him.

He pleaded guilty to offences on a basis that he had been told to deliver cash and drugs to the property.


Miss Culley also told the court how Neta had moved away from London to get away from the people he was working for, as he owed them money.

However when he once returned he was stabbed and had to receive hospital treatment.

Then he got back involved with the men, and was found in property in Statford in 2017 with crack cocaine, crack and heroin, however he claimed he was just the carrier.

Mr Bell, for Neta, said he was an unsophisticated criminal who had got involved with these men due to a drug debt.

He added he had no previous convictions, and at just 19 he had a bright future ahead of him after applying for jobs in London.

He said he understood custody was inevitable but said: “there is light at the end of the tunnel, and I asked you make that tunnel as short as possible.”

Brendan Reedy, for Bailey, said his client was a heroin user, and his home was being used to deal drugs from.

He said he was not involved in any of the drug dealing and always denied his involvement.

Kevin Jones, for Wragg, added his deal police saw him making was an isolated incident and he had been a go between, between the dealer and customer.

He said he was not a dealer, but was a customer who had been battling with drug problems for years.

Jonny Drury

By Jonny Drury

Senior reporter covering Oswestry and Mid Wales.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.


Top stories


More from Shropshire Star

UK & International News