Search for missing April Jones officially ends
The search for murdered April Jones has officially ended, police said.
A spokesman for Dyfed-Powys Police said: "Since the beginning of October, specialist officers from Dyfed-Powys Police, along with other forces from across the UK, have been searching the area in and around Machynlleth for five-year-old April Jones.
"The search areas identified during the course of the investigation were completed on Friday, 19 April.
"A reactive team of specialist officers are available to respond to any new information that is received."
The news came as a hearing took place today ahead of the trial of Mark Bridger, accused of the abduction and murder of five-year-old April Jones.
Bridger, 46, of Ceinws, near Machynlleth, mid-Wales, is due to stand trial next week at Mold Crown Court.
He denies murder and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
The case was listed for a mention hearing at the same court this afternoon.
April was last seen playing on her bike on Machynlleth's Bryn-y-Gog estate, where she lived, on the evening of October 1 last year.
Her disappearance sparked an outpouring of support for April's parents, with hundreds of people joining the search for their daughter and offering assistance.
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.