Cash for Your Community 2018 - Full terms and conditions
We have now finished accepting applications to take part in this year's Cash For Your Community campaign.
Once again we have teamed up with Enterprise Flex-E-Rent to give away £20,000 to charities and community groups in Shropshire and Mid Wales.
A maximum of 35 organisations can be involved.
Full terms and conditions
- The campaign is only open to groups such as not-for-profit community associations, charities or social enterprise organisations whose main activities are based in the circulation area of the Shropshire Star.
- The group must have a constitution which details who the members/trustees/directors are, have a set of audited accounts and a bank account in the name of the group with at least two non-related signatories.
- The registration form will be printed in the Shropshire Star on a regular basis from Monday, January 29 until Wednesday, February 7, 2018 and online until the closing date.
- The final stage of selection will be based upon how the prize money will be spent as described on the registration form, which will be assessed by a panel of judges. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Registrations will only be accepted when signed by an authorised officer of the group, who is over the age of 18, on the official registration form.
- Registrations must be received by 5pm, Saturday, February 10, 2018.
- A maximum of 35 groups can take part.
Vote token collect
- Vote tokens will be printed between Thursday, March 1 until Saturday, April 7, 2018.
- Photocopied or defaced vote tokens will not be counted. Vote tokens must be cut around the dotted lines.
- Supporters will be asked to send their vote tokens direct to their chosen group, not the Shropshire Star.
- All vote tokens will be recalled at the end of the campaign to be verified. Tokens must be grouped in batches of 500 in separate bags or envelopes then placed altogether in one parcel (or a large envelope). The Vote Token Notification Form must be completed and a copy enclosed inside the parcel. If submitting more than one parcel include a copy of this form in each one.
- The closing date for submitting vote tokens is 5pm, Friday, April 27, 2018. Tokens must NOT be sent before the last one has been published.
- If posting, the correct postage must be put on the envelope/parcel(s). Entries with incorrect/insufficient postage will not be accepted nor will they be collected from Royal Mail and the entry will therefore be void.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any submissions which are lost, damaged, or delayed in the post.
- Each participating group will receive a portion of the prize fund. The top three groups collecting the most vote tokens will receive £5,000, £2,000 and £1,000 respectively. The remaining £12,000 will be divided proportionately between groups in positions 4 to 35 (if eligible for a share of the prize fund) based on the number of vote tokens they collect. The minimum prize value is £50.
- In order to receive a prize the minimum number of vote tokens to collect is 500.
- Prizes will be issued as a cheque (not cash) made payable to the registered groups. Prizes are non-transferable and there are no alternatives available.
- Representatives from the top participating groups will be invited to a presentation in June, to receive their prizes.
- Participating groups will be featured within Shropshire Star and Enterprise Flex-E-Rent publicity, including online and via social media and agree to take part in any relevant publicity including photographic and video coverage.
- Enterprise Flex-E-Rent may contact groups taking part in the campaign for marketing purposes.
- The full postal address, as per the registration form, of each group will be published in-paper and online.
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.