Shropshire weather: County set to sizzle in temperatures as high as 28C this weekend
Shropshire looks set to sizzle this weekend with forecasters predicting thermometers could reach as high as 28C.
Temperatures have been rising throughout this week and on Saturday and Sunday the county is likely bask in glorious sunshine.
This is good news for events such as the Shrewsbury Carnival, Ellesmere Food Festival and the Broseley Fun Day.
Although the forecast will not be so welcome for runners taking part in the Shrewsbury Half Marathon.
According to the Met Office temperatures could reach 24C on Saturday and 25C on Sunday.
Chief Meteorologist Steve Ramsdale said: “With high pressure building from the south west and warm air being drawn up from the Azores, the south will see some warm and sunny weather redeveloping from late Friday through into the weekend. We expect the settled conditions to remain into the weekend but just how high temperatures will get is still uncertain.
“However, the warm, sunny weather is unlikely to affect all areas of the UK, with a north/south split in place. Although still rather warm in the north there will be rain or showers and more cloud at times. It may turn cooler in the far north by Sunday.”
The pictures is very similar on Accuweather, but with temperatures predicted to be slightly higher.
Their forecast is for temperatures to be 26C on Saturday and as high as 28C on Sunday.
Remember these tips for the sunny weather:
- Check you have appropriate sun cream for your particular type of skin.
- If you go out, wear lightweight, light-coloured clothing, high factor sunscreen and a wide-brimmed hat.
- Avoid being in the sun for long stretches.
- Reapply an appropriate factor sun cream at regular intervals during the day.
- Do not leave children or animals in parked cars. Even on cool days, strong sunshine can make car interiors very hot.