Telford biker burned in petrol explosion at home
A man working on his motorbike was airlifted to hospital with bad burns after a petrol explosion.
The man, believed to be 30, suffered burns to his face, hands and left leg in the fire in Telford yesterday morning.
The Midlands Air Ambulance landed on fields at Wrekin College, Wellington at about 11.30am.
Medics treated the man at Pembroke Drive for burns amounting to approximately 10 per cent of his body.
Jamie Arrowsmith for the West Midlands Ambulance Service said: "The man, believed to be 30 years old, had reportedly been working on his motorbike when the explosion happened.
"The man was taken by air ambulance to Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham for further assessment and treatment."
West Mercia Police spokesman Chris Ammonds said the police were not called to the fire and there was no suggestion of any foul play.
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.