Car catches fire on Telford road

A road had to be sealed off in Telford after an electrical fault caused a car fire.

Police closed off Brookside Avenue, Brookside, for just under an hour after being called out at around 9pm last night.

A spokeswoman for Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service said the car was stationary once fire crews arrived on the scene.

"It looks like it was caused by an electrical fault," she said.

"Police closed off the road while we dealt with the fire, and thankfully no-one was injured."

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News