A 60-year-old woman was taken to hospital after a chip pan fire in her Shropshire home. Firefighters were called to a property in Sunniside Avenue, Coalbrookdale, at around 9.20pm last night.
The woman was taken to the Princess Royal Hospital in Telford by ambulance.
She was treated for smoke inhalation. One fire engine from Tweedale and one from Telford attended the incident.
A spokesman for Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to a small fire at a property in Sunniside Avenue last night.
“The fire had been put on on arrival.
“One woman suffering effects of smoke received oxygen therapy administered by fire service personnel.
“We understand she was taken to hospital. Fire staff then ventilated the property.”
Firefighters left the property at 21.38pm.
Chris Kowalik, spokesman for West Midlands Ambulance Service, said: “The call came in at around 9.20pm.
One ambulance attended along with the fire service to a home in Sunniside Avenue.
“We treated a 60-year-old woman for smoke inhalation at the scene and she was then taken to the Princess Royal Hospital in Telford,” he added.